Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Heartbreak

Until about a year ago,  I was clueless about the severity of the orphan crisis.

After a conversation with a friend, I turned on the computer and began reading adoption blogs, advocacy websites and Reece's Rainbow. I stayed up until around 2am, crying and praying for all the sweet faces I saw. My heart broke into a million pieces imagining what it must be like to be one of the children I read about that night. It hurt to not be able to just reach through my computer screen and hug, feed, clothe, and LOVE the children I read about.

When I realized the truth of what is happening, I began to  talk about it as often as I can. If you know me in real life, you've seen my tears as I go on and on about orphanages. You probably have wondered more than once if I am crazy, but that's okay. As long as you listen to me talk, you can think whatever you want about me.

We must talk about these children. We must ask people to help them. We must tell those (like me) who don't have a clue. We must get fired up and scream for these kids.

I love that you all contribute financially to adoption funds, and advocacy groups, but it's just not enough.


Please, friends, I am sitting here at my computer with tears in my eyes as I ask for your help. Tell people about the children, talk about them. Show their pictures. Be loud and passionate for them. They are real people. They desperately need families and they need all of us to help.

If you don't know any orphans, let me introduce you to a few that could really use your help today:

This is Tony. He is 12 years old and weighs 26 lbs. His low weight is due to lack of proper care.



This is Ansastasia, who will most likely be bedridden for the rest of her life (bedridden means she'll literally stay in her crib all day every day, with little or no stimulation)


Both Tony and Anastasia  need families who are experienced with major health issues, and their adoptive families are going to work hard caring for them. It won't be easy for them, but it will be worth it.

They NEED a mother and a father or they will not survive much longer. Please talk to people about these kids. Maybe you don't know someone who can handle their needs, but maybe if we talk about them enough, and their stories will eventually land in the lap of someone who can and will go get them and care for them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio